Years ago, “planned giving” meant making a bequest to a charitable organization through a will. But, planned giving today includes wills and many other tools and strategies tailored to address a variety of situations for people at all levels of giving ability.
The opportunities are there – it’s up to you, the donor, to use them to your greatest advantage. With careful planning, your charitable legacy can be maximized to its fullest potential and, if done right, can mean additional tax savings for you and your estate. Good planning can help you do the following:
· Support your favorite charity while taking a tax deduction
· Reduce capital gains taxes and take a charitable tax deduction
· Take both a capital loss and charitable tax deduction
· Increase your gifts by two, three, five, or more times without additional money coming out of your pocket
· Reduce the value of your estate while retaining control of your assets
· Receive an income you cannot outlive while supporting a charity
· Leave a legacy for both a charity and your loved ones
Give a financial gift that will keep on benefitting others after you have gone. Talk to your financial advisor about planning a gift to the Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission that will benefit both the Mission and your family. We can recommend a financial advisor if you don’t already have one. Give our Director of Development D.J. Hejtmanek a call at (318) 227-2868, ext. 103, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.