The Rescue Mission relies heavily on individuals, organizations, businesses and churches to supply its operational needs. Donations are always needed and always welcomed! Please review the Immediate Needs List.
Immediate Needs items can also be purchase through our Amazon Wish List and will be shipped directly to the Mission. This is a great option for Amazon Prime users. One click shopping made easy!
Donated goods can be dropped off at 901 McNeil St. location in Shreveport. Bring into the office Monday – Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and receive a donation receipt, or drop after hours or weekends in the blue donation bin across the street. Donation bins are located throughout the community in the following locations:
- Ashbury United Methodist – 3200 N. Airline Dr., Bossier City
- Drug Emporium – 5819 East Kings Hwy, Shreveport
- Haynes Ave. Baptist – 610 Haynes Ave., Shreveport
- Kingston Road Baptist – 8900 Kingston Rd., Shreveport
- Open Door Bible Church – 950 Swan Lake Rd., Bossier
- Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission, 901 McNeil St., Shreveport
- Shreveport City Baptist – Knight St. at East Washington, Shreveport
- Shreveport Community Church – 5720 Buncombe Rd., Shreveport
- Word of Life Center – 4425 Meriwether Rd., Shreveport
WAYS TO HELP THROUGH IN-KIND GOODS DONATIONS
Host a Goods Drive
Sponsor a drive at your church, school, organization, or business. Needed items are toilet paper, clothing, new socks, t-shirts, underwear, twin sheets, blankets, towels, washcloths, hygiene products, food, and more. If you have questions about making a donation or hosting a donation drive, contact Sarah Ardis at (318) 227-2868 ext. 103 or e-mail email@example.com.
Our guests need basic items like food, clothing, toiletry items, etc. The Rescue Mission depends on ongoing donations to meet these needs. Donations can be dropped off at 901 McNeil St. You will receive a donation receipt for tax purposes.
Donations of used clothing, household goods, furniture, mattresses, appliances, etc. are welcome. Also, businesses that are closing can donate office furniture, shelving, and any business supplies. You can schedule a pick up for big loads or large items by calling the Thrift Store at 318.621.9613.