The Medical and Dental Clinic of the Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission offers free care to homeless residents residing at the Rescue Mission. The Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission recognizes the need to provide more than just a place to sleep at night and is addressing the goal of breaking the cycle of poverty and homelessness in Northwest Louisiana. We are helping clients overcome barriers to successful long term growth by treating existing health issues, diagnosing potential new health problems, and monitoring medication compliance. The Mission’s medical and dental clinic is available thanks to the generosity of our friends at United Way of Northwest Louisiana, the Christus Fund and the generosity of our community.
A number of volunteer doctors, dentists, nurses and other health care practitioners have donated hundreds of hours of time since the clinic opened in 2007 to make free healthcare possible to the homeless residents of the Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission.
SBRM’s Medical/Dental Clinic offers these services:
- Medical screening upon intake into the shelter
- Education on the importance of medication compliance, high blood pressure control,
infection control, and cardiovascular risk
- General and Individual healthcare counseling
- Referral to other agencies that provide assistance for medications and medical equipment
- Assistance for medication needs
- Referral for specialized services not provided
- Monitoring for medication compliance, blood pressure, pulse rate, and diabetic screening as needed