You’ve waited patiently, and now we are excited to announce the grand re-opening of the Shreveport Bossier Rescue Mission Thrift Store.
The Mission Thrift Store, 6800 Mansfield Road, Shreveport, LA will open starting on Thursday, June 18th and we couldn’t be more excited! The Thrift Store will begin operating under its normal business hours of Tuesday through Saturday from 9 AM to 5 PM.
The Mission Thrift Store has registered with Open Safely LA and to ensure the safety of the store’s customers and staff, managers have put the following policies in place:
- Daily sanitizing of the Thrift Store. All surfaces, door handles, and carts will be wiped down regularly.
- Store personnel will wear masks and advise that shoppers wear them as well.
- Social distancing markers will be placed in the store.
- The Mission Thrift Store will operate at 50% occupancy in order to comply with Phase 2 occupancy orders.
- Display of signage reminding staff and customers on the signs and how to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- No directly employee and customer contact.
- Regular screening of employees for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Customers are encouraged to stay home if they are experiencing fever or any flu like symptoms.
The Mission is thankful for this first step back to normalcy. We know a lot of people count on the the Mission Thrift Store to meet the needs of their families and to recycle their items and help others. And we count on the income to fund our Life Recovery Program. Our shoppers need us and we need them. We look forward to seeing our shoppers’ faces on Opening Day!