New Year = New Opportunities
2019 marks not only the end of a year but the end of a decade. During this decade, our world has seen incredible growth in technology and innovation. As we wait to bring in the new year and new decade, we are reminded that even though the world continues to move at a fast pace, one thing remains constant and true…. the healing and hope found in the love of Christ.
Over the past year, 1,171 hurting, homeless men, women and children have come through the Mission doors. These are people from all walks of life that through various traumas and circumstances have lost their way. While most of us start our resolution on January 1st, at the Mission we meet new individuals everyday who are seeking peace, change and hope. Their resolution starts the minute they walk in our doors and is renewed daily thanks to the tools from our Life Recovery Program.
2019 has been an amazing year at the Mission. In one year ago, we have provided
- 90,288 healthy meals
- 49,303 nights of safe shelter
- 67,377 hours of vocational training
- 9,267 hours of classes
- 4,621 medical and dental services
- 5,562 hours of case management
- Countless hours of encouragement and counseling
As a Christ-centered ministry, we are only able to operate thanks to the generosity of our community. We do not solicit for state or federal funding so every victory that happens, every meal that is served and every part of our Life Recovery Program is only possible thanks to our community.
The Mission has seen tremendous success over 2019 but there is still more work to be done. Just within the last few days, Shreveport has experience 3 shootings. According to the Barna polls, Shreveport ranks high in the most Bible minded cities in the United States; yet, our crime stats do not reflect those values. There is a disconnect in our cities and the Mission and its Life Recovery Program are working to bridge that gap and change our cities one life at a time starting with the men, women and children under our care.
You can be a part of the #SBMissionLife movement and be a part of change in our cities. Here’s what you can do:
- Continue to pray for the Mission and our guests.
- Donate items from our immediate needs list. When you purchase items from this list, you are taking the dollars we would have spent on those items and reallocating them to our program.
- Volunteer your time to serve a meal at the Mission.
- Be one of our social media influencers. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and share our posts to your page.
- Donate funds to help us continue our work.
We believe wholeheartedly that this decade will bring hope and change in our cities, but we need your help to make that vision a reality. So let’s join together today and make a commitment to start the New Year with a resolution you can keep by joining the #SBMissionLife in 2020!